India begin title defence with 4-0 win
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Vice captain VR Raghunath scored twice as defending champions India started off their Asian Champions Trophy campaign with a 4-0 victory over China. Right winger SV Sunil struck early in the 13th minute, while Raghunath, converted team's first penalty corner five minutes later and then another in the 52nd minute.
In the next minute Ranchi Rhino's proud possession Birendra Lakra deflected a carpet drive off Rupinder Pal Singh, which hit a defender's leg to give India a self goal and a commanding final score of 4-0. Sunil struck in the 13 minute, much against the run of play. He trapped a neat cross from Akashdeep Singh, entered the circle on a spurt before whacking the ball into the net.
Five minutes later, Gurwinder Singh Chandi sped past defenders and hit the ball at the goal. Chinese goalie Rifeng Su came quickly but could not stop ball from rising. India got its first penalty corner of which Raghunath struck with a grounder.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’