India extract revenge, thrash England by 9 wkts, win 1st Test
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- PM-level talks: India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Kings XI Punjab vs Mumbai Indians
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah inducts 28 ministers, keeps tainted away
At Cook's dismissal, England were just 35 runs ahead of the hosts with three wickets in hand and their first defeat in the four-game series loomed large. And it was also the 26-year-old Ojha's fourth wicket of the innings and ninth of the match.
The visitors lost three wickets for the addition of 22 runs in seven overs to leave India on the doorsteps of their first victory at this venue after December, 2005 when they defeated Sri Lanka by 259 runs, and their 4th here in 12 Tests.
Graeme Swann and Tim Bresnan got together to put on 28 valuable runs before the former's off stump sent back by Ashwin as he tried to reverse sweep the off spinner to leave England 76 runs ahead overall.
Ashwin, wicket less in the second innings after his three-wicket haul in the first, was brought on in place of Ojha after the 23rd over, 25 minutes before the end of the first session after the left arm spinner was carted for a six by Swann.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations