Ram Singh mocked us all: Delhi gangrape victim's friend
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Reacting to the death of the main accused in the gangrape case, the friend of the 23-year-old victim, and the only witness to the brutal assault on the night of December 16, said the "system had failed (him) once again".
The friend told Newsline that Ram Singh killed himself "mocking the system, and the administration".
"He chose his own death as he pleased in Tihar Jail, which boasts of its reforms and is regarded one of the best and most secure jail. He was not given the death sentence by a court of law. This cannot in any way be passed off as justice. In fact, this is a mockery of justice," he said.
Demanding that somebody be held accountable for Singh's death, the friend said, "I was shocked to the core when I heard this news. Not only was I forced to live through that horrible night, but every day since then I am investing everything in the case — attending hearings, living that horrible night again and again — to ensure we get justice. But, once again, the system has failed horribly. Then it was the auto drivers, the police and the hospital, and, today, it is the jail administration — nobody is doing what they should be."
He said his aim was to set an example with the case, to avoid any repeat of such a horrific crime.
"My aim was to kill the school of thought that he (Singh) represents, by ensuring he is given the strictest possible punishment as per the law of the country. Ram Singh's death has not achieved anything, in fact it has pained and shocked me," the friend said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow