India score 11 past Oman
- Anti-corruption unit will now monitor access to players: BCCI
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors vs Delhi Daredevils
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
India humiliated minnows Oman 11-0 to register their third consecutive win in the second Asian Champions Trophy hockey tournament.
SV Sunil (3rd and 44th minute), Dharamvir Singh (8th minute and 56th minute), VR Raghunath (30th and 38th minute penalty corner) and Rupinder Pal Singh (33rd and 43rd minute penalty corner) scored a brace each for India while Akashdeep Singh (53rd minute penalty corner), Harbir Singh (65th minute penalty corner) and Danish Mujtaba (67th minute) were the other goal getters for the defending champions.
India took an early lead in the third minute when Sunil scored after receiving a direct pass from Rupinder. Dharamvir then doubled the lead five minutes later.
Raghunath converted a penalty corner in the 30th minute before Rupinder Pal scored a field goal three minutes later as India went into the breather with a confortable 4-0 lead.
The script was no different after the change of ends as India continued to press hard for more goal against a hapless Oman defence.
India's attacking hockey was too hot for Oman to handle as the Sardar Singh-led side scored seven more goal from the sticks of Sunil, Dharamvir, Raghunath, Rupinder Pal, Akashdeep, Harbir and Danish in the second half.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet