India vs Australia: Abhishek Nayar added to India A squad for warm-up match
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
One of the top performers in the recently-concluded Ranji Trophy season, Mumbai all-rounder Abhishek Nayar has been included in the India A squad for the second warm-up match, scheduled to be held from February 16 to 18, against the touring Australian side.
"Abhishek Nayar has been added to the India 'A' squad, for the three-day game against Australia, to be played at Chennai from 16 February 2013 to 18 February 2013," BCCI Secretary, Sanjay Jagdale said in a release.
Abhishek Nayar scored 966 runs at an average of 99.60 and took 19 wickets to help Mumbai clinch their 40th Ranji Trophy title.
Delhi opener Shikhar Dhawan will captain the 13-member squad, which also includes a fit-again Manoj Tiwary, Mumbai batsmen Rohit Sharma and Ajinkya Rahane.
Punjab opener Jiwanjot Singh, who scored five centuries during the Ranji Trophy season, also figures in the squad.
The India 'A' squad is as follows: Shikhar Dhawan (Captain), Abhishek Nayar.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM