Indian designers dress Fergie in FIFA WC outfit
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Indian designers Shane and Falguni Peacock will be dressing up popstar Fergie for her performance at the FIFA World Cup opening ceremony.
The Black Eyed Peas singer, who is herself a fashion designer, had asked the designers for a futuristic outfit, which accentuated elements of Africa. The duo created a body suit dress for her, with cut-outs, apart from embellished and padded shoulders.
Talking about the costume, Shane said, "Keeping in mind her performance, we have designed a belt with 3D embellishing that she will wear when she walks into the stage, but she'll fling it off dramatically before she starts singing. It is sexy and edgy, "Shane.
Talking about how the order fell in place, Falguni said, "After our London fashion week presentation, we had a press show in Los Angeles, where we met a number of American magazine editors & stylists. One stylist wanted to use our garments in a video she was styling for Ozzie Osbourne. She also mentioned that she was styling Fergie for her FIFA world cup performance and wanted to show her our stuff and that's how things fell into place.
The duo is still waiting for Fergie's team to fly down to pick up the outfit, before taking it to South Africa.
The designers celebrity client list doesn't stop here. They met with Lady Gaga recently and have shown her a presentation of their garments, which she can choose for her stage performances. However, .things are yet to be finalised in that context.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow