Indian Express wins gold medal at global awards for social media
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The Indian Express has won the gold medal at the WAN-IFRA Asian Digital Media Awards, 2012 for 'The Best in Social Media' category.
The award ceremony was held in Kuala Lumpur today. The medal was received by Anant Goenka, Head-New Media, The Indian Express.
WAN-IFRA or the World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers, is a global organisation representing more than 18,000 publications, 15,000 online sites and over 3,000 companies in more than 120 countries, the organisation's website states. It holds awards every year in the following categories: online media, online video, social media, mobile media, cross media, online infographics and tablet publishing.
NDTV Ltd, Singapore Press Holdings Ltd and Star Publications (Malaysia) Bhd picked up silver medals in the 'Social Media' category, with PT Riau Media Grafika winning bronze.
'Social Media' was the most heavily contested category, WAN-IFRA officials said.
Singapore Press Holdings Ltd picked up the gold for 'Newspaper Website' and 'Mobile Media' categories, Star Publications (Malaysia) Bhd got gold for 'Cross Media Advertising', South China Morning Post Publishers Ltd for 'Online Video' and 'Magazine Website' and NDTV Ltd for 'Tablet Publishing'.
WAN-IFRA was created in July 2009 with the merger of the World Association of Newspapers and IFRA, the research and service organisation for the news publishing industry. The two organisations have a 110-year history between them as the global representatives of the world's press, the organisation's site states.
The WAN-IFRA's 4th Digital Media Asia conference is also on at Kuala Lumpur from November 27-29. The conference showcases how media organisations are currently using the most advanced digital media platforms for syndicating and monetizing newspapers, magazines, video or books contents.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'