Indian men storm into semis of Kabaddi World Cup
The Indian men's team today stormed into the semifinals of the 3rd Kabaddi World Cup, crushing Denmark 73-28 in a completely one-sided match here.
Malaysia's women team surprised everyone by topping the pool after a 39-29 win over Turkmenistan.
England were out of reckoning despite beating Afghanistan 64-21.
At the end of first half, India were leading 35-16. Indian raiders Baram Singh, Manminder Sran and Sukhbir Sarwan earned 13, 11 and 11 points respectively whereas stoppers Eakam Hathur, Gurpreet Gopi Manaki, Narinder Ram Bittu Dugal bagged 6, 5 and 5 points respectively.
Denmark's Major Singh and Loverthy Lundbery got 5 points each.
Malaysia's raiders Manpreet Kaur, Paramjit Kaur and Jaswinder Kaur got 9, 7 and 7 points respectively, while stoppers Mandeep Kaur and Rekha bagged 5 and 4 points respectively.
In another men's match, the England team was leading 34-8 after the first half.
England's raiders Jaskaran Singh, Gurdev Singh, Inderjit Singh and Rajvir Singh scored 10, 10, 9 and 8 points respectively, while stoppers Jagtar Singh and Gurpreet Singh got 10 and 8 points respectively.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow