Indian rupee up 14 paise Vs US dollar in early trade
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
The rupee today gained 14 paise to 54.22 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange.
Mumbai, Mar 21 (PTI) The rupee today gained 14 paise to 54.22 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on increased selling of the US currency by exporters and banks.
Forex dealers said strengthening of the euro against the dollar overseas and a higher opening in the domestic equity market also supported the local currency.
The rupee had gained one paisa to end at 54.36 yesterday on late dollar selling by exporters.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex recovered by 103.29 points, or 0.54 per cent, to 18,987.48 in early trade today.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'