Industry delegation to meet PM
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A delegation representing various industries will meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Wednesday at New Delhi along with Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and his deputy Sukhbir Singh Badal to demand an industry package for Punjab industry.
MC auctions 14 SCOs for Rs 24 crore
Ludhiana: The Ludhiana Municipal Corporation auctioned off 14 Shop-Cum-Office (SCOs) out of a total 16 SCOs near Hotel Keys on Tuesday. Newly appointed zonal commissioner of zone D, Isha Kalia supervised the auction in which 29 people took part. Each SCO measured 100 sq yard and the maximum price that was fetched for an SCO was Rs 1.90 lakh per sq yard. The reserve price for each SCO was kept at Rs 1.50 lakh per sq yard. The minimum price that was fetched for an SCO was Rs 1.80 lah per sq yard. Assistant Town Planner (ATP) Surinder Bindra said: "Two SCOs could not be sold as the MC did not get the appropriate rate for them."
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations