Industry group finally meets CM, talks power
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
After trying for over a month, a delegation of Indian Industries Association (IIA) on Friday got an appointment with Akhilesh Yadav to discuss the issue of "steep" power tariff hike for industries in the state.
A statement from the IIA said that as per the directions of the CM, the delegation later had a discussion on the issue with infrastructure and industrial development commissioner (IIDC) and principal secretary, power, Anil Kumar Gupta.
It was decided that the IIA may request the CM for issuing directions to withhold the announcement of hike in electricity duty rates till the announcement of next power tariff hike. The IIDC also assured the delegation that the power tariff rates for industries will not be increased in the next tariff revision.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet