Industry group finally meets CM, talks power
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
After trying for over a month, a delegation of Indian Industries Association (IIA) on Friday got an appointment with Akhilesh Yadav to discuss the issue of "steep" power tariff hike for industries in the state.
A statement from the IIA said that as per the directions of the CM, the delegation later had a discussion on the issue with infrastructure and industrial development commissioner (IIDC) and principal secretary, power, Anil Kumar Gupta.
It was decided that the IIA may request the CM for issuing directions to withhold the announcement of hike in electricity duty rates till the announcement of next power tariff hike. The IIDC also assured the delegation that the power tariff rates for industries will not be increased in the next tariff revision.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations