Industry, varsity must collaborate: Mukherjee
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
President Pranab Mukhejee today said there is a need to focus on specialised departments at Bengal Engineering and Science College (BESU) — atomic energy, defence, aerospace engineering, spacecraft engineering and medical science — for overall development of the institution.
Addressing the 15th convocation of BESU, he said pointed out that the number of Phd programmes have increased to 230 but the need of the hour is to increase programmes.
He also stressed industry-university partnership programmes. "A symbiotic relationship with industry would be helpful for the overall development of the university and the university should focus on research which will be helpful for the society at large."
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held