Inmates flee from court lock-up in Fatehgarh
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
LUCKNOW: Eight inmates fled from the lock-up of Fatehgarh district court where they were brought from Fatehgarh jail to attend court hearings, on Monday. The inmates were identified as Rajesh, Sarvesh, Parshuram, Dabloo Katiyar, Sarvesh Nat, Nanhe, Ashish and Ramu. An FIR has been lodged against the inmates at the Kotwali police station.
Fatehgarh Superintendent of Police Nilabja Choudhury said the inmates built a hole in the dilapidated wall of the lock-up to get out of it. They were brought to the court at 10 am and were put in the lock-up built in a corner of the court premises. The inmates fled at noon, Choudhury said. He said four constable,s who were guarding the inmates outside the lock up, have been suspended.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held