INS Shivaji bicycle expedition to return today
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A 10-member bicycle expedition from Lonavla to Shrivardhan, flagged off in the run-up to the Navy Day from INS Shivaji will return to the base on Friday.
The expedition will cover approximately 380 km as part of the Navy Week 2012 events at INS Shivaji.
The cycling team is led by Lt Cdr Prashanth Gangatirkar and the team intends to cover Khopoli, Penn, Pali, Kolad, Phansad Bird Sanctuary, Shrivardhan, Murud, Janjira and Alibaug. The aim of the expedition is to make create awareness among people in the coastal belt of Maharashtra about the Indian Navy and also gain knowledge on the environment en route.
Other events being conducted at INS Shivaji as part of the Navy Week include Lonavla run, base open for visitors, band concert, free dental camp and blood donation camp between November 26 and December 8. The Navy Day will be celebrated on December 4.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet