Inter-IT cricket: Cybage starts off with victory
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Cybage registered its first victory - an 86-run win over S|One (I) in the opening match of the Cybage T20 Inter IT Cup 2009 here recently.
Batting first, Cybage put up 176 runs for the loss of six wickets in the stipulated 20 overs.
Abhishek Sankhla top-scored with 39 runs off 24 balls, with six boundaries and one six. Vishal Patil played a sheet anchor role, scoring 33 runs off 35 with four hits to the fence. But the momentum was given by Pratik Pandit, who scored a brisk 28 runs off just 14 balls with three boundaries and one huge six. Narendra Costa from S|One was the only sucessful bowler, finishing with 2/28.
In reply, S|One managed to score only 90 runs. S|One looked to be in trouble right from when they lost their first wicket in the first over.
None of the S|One batsmen could get set and the team lost wickets at regular intervals. Chaitanya Hasabnis from Cybage topped the bowling figures, with 3/13.
Pratik Pandit (2/8), Manish Nigade (2/13) and Swapnil Gandhile (2/8) were the other wicket takers from Cybage.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet