Investigating Officer rapes gangrape victim
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A sub-inspector (S-I), investigating a rape case, allegedly raped the victim in a hotel room on pretext of getting her statement recorded before Faizabad Range DIG on Wednesday night. The S-I, Maan Singh, was arrested today and was produced before the court from where he was sent to jail this evening.
Singh, who was posted as senior sub-inspector at Akbarpur police station of Ambedkar Nagar district, had brought the girl to a hotel in City Kotwali police station area of Faizabad district.
Station Officer of Mahila police station Asma Majid said that the incident came to light when the victim, who belongs to Akbarpur area, sent an SMS to her neighbour from her cellphone last evening. The SMS read that she was being kept in a hotel forcibly by the S-I and he had raped her.
The neighbour informed the girl's father and they reached Faizabad in the night and met DIG PK Mishra and SSP Dharmendra Singh. The police later traced the SI and the girl at Hotel Priya in the city with the help of the cop's cellphone and raided the hotel room late in the night. The girl was rescued and the SI arrested, said Majid.
Earlier, the girl had been gangraped by three youths in her village a few days ago and a case was registered at the Akbarpur police station. Singh was investigating the case.
The girl said that Singh summoned her at the police station on Wednesday morning and asked her to accompany him to Faizabad for getting her statement recorded before the Range DIG. He brought her to the hotel room in Faizabad around noon and raped her, the SO added. The medical examination of the victim has been conducted and the report is awaited.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held