Investors’ summit gets bigger
Uttar Pradesh, which is likely to host a similar summit in January-end, is likely to have only B2B meetings.
With Japan and Canada as Country Partners, and the US-India Business Council, the UK-India Business Council as Organisation Partners, the summit will not only help Modi to expand his 'brand' at international level, but also within the country where the pitch for a bigger role for him on the national political stage is rising.
In the 2011 meet, a total of 8,860 MoUs pledging investment to the tune of Rs 20.83 lakh crore were signed.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow