Soha Ali Khan says, Irrfan Khan, Tigmanshu Dhulia chemistry enjoyable to watch
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets keep Sunrisers Hyderabad in the hunt
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Actress Soha Ali Khan says she was delighted to see her director Tigmanshu Dhulia and co-star Irrfan Khan's mutual fondness translate beautifully in their upcoming film 'Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster Returns'.
"It was lovely to see the chemistry between Tigmanshu and Irrfan because they have worked so often together and they really feed off each others creative energy. You could see Tigmanshu get visibly excited whenever Irrfan was working. It was enjoyable to see an actor and director get along so well," Soha told PTI in an interview.
Irrfan and Dhulia first worked together in 'Haasil' in 2003, 'Charas' in 2004 and last year's 'Paan Singh Tomar', their most successful film till date.
The combination of Dhulia's visual aesthetic and Irrfan's acting prowess has made the pair the cinematic powerhouse that they are today.
Besides 'Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster Returns', Irrfan is all set to play villain in Dhulia's 'Bullet Raja', which stars Soha's brother- Saif Ali Khan.
'Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster Returns' is the sequel to the 2011 film, 'Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster'. The film also stars Jimmy Shergill and Mahie Gill, who will be seen reprising their roles from the previous film. Irrfan and Soha are new additions.
In 'Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster Returns', the 34-year-old actress plays an oppressed wife.
Soha said she did have apprehensions to star in the film as she plays neither the 'saheb', 'biwi' nor 'gangster'.
"I was concerned, because as any selfish actor you would want to know what your screen time is and what your role is. and especially when the film is called 'Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster Returns' and I am neither of the three. I wanted to know exactly what my role was," she said.
"But when I met him and he narrated the script, I was very happy with my character. Whatever I have seen in the film while dubbing for it, I really thought it was great. There are four main character in the film and and all have been given enough scope to make an impact. Every character is colourful. Mine seems more innocent and vulnerable in the beginning but also develops shades of grey as the film progresses," Soha added.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow