Ishant shows form, picks up four wickets in India A win
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The 6 foot 4 inch frame of Ishant Sharma was, strangely for a fast bowler, stationed at slips. After bowling four tight overs, Ishant Sharma was given a bit of rest by India A captain S Badinath.
At that point Bengal had moved to 70 for two in 16 overs and opener Jayojit Basu and skipper Wriddhiman Saha were looking set to take Bengal further ahead in the NKP Salve Challenger trophy.
Basu tried to play Pragyan Ojha on the on side and got a leading edge which flew towards slip. It would have been a tough chance even for a regular slipper, but Sharma pulled off a blinder to his right.
If Sharma was charged up, then Badrinath would have wanted to make use of it, and gave him the ball a couple of overs later.
And Sharma did not disappoint, picking up two wickets in that spell — Shreevats Das a touch unlucky to be given caught behing while Debrata Das' pull only reaching Ajinkya Rahane at mid on. With Ojha prising away wickets regularly at the other end, Bengal was struggling again, at 92 for six.
Saha consolidated, sweeping the spin of Ojha and Yusuf Pathan and driving the Abhimanyu Mithun and Parwinder Awana.
And again Sharma was at hand to bring his side back into the game, as he decieved Saha with a slower ball and then in the same over, picked up Sourav Sarkar caught behind for a duck. Bengal finished for a paltry total of 193. Sharma, the bowler on the recovery road, ended with four wickets. Ojha had three.
In reply, India A didn't have any hiccups in their chase, thanks to opener Shikhar Dhawan's unbeaten 99 and Ajinkya Rahane's crafty 63. Earlier, opener Robin Uthappa started in blistering fashion but fell for a 19-ball 25.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held