Man held for clicking Finance Minister Chidambaram's photos
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
A 34-year-old man has been taken into custody for questioning after he was seen taking pictures of Finance Minister P Chidambaram at the airport in Chennai, airport sources said on Wednesday.
They said Amir was seen taking pictures of the minister, who left for New Delhi yesterday, using his camera. Amir had confirmed first-class tickets to Delhi and from there to Dubai.
Initial probe revealed that Amir was one among two persons detained last month by CISF personnel for reportedly giving contradicting replies at the airport.
Earlier, Amir along with Mansoor, hailing from Kerala, were detained after they wanted to get off the Dreamliner aircraft ahead of its flight to Delhi. The duo reportedly gave contradictory replies when CISF sought an explanation for cancelling their journey at the last minute.
An inquiry is underway as to why he opted for a long trip to Dubai when there are direct flights available from Thiruvanathapuram and Kochi respectively to Dubai, they said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'