IT dept opens Aaykar Seva Kendra
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The Income tax department, Panchkula, opened the Aaykar Seva Kendra (ASK) here on Monday, which was inaugurated by Dr Sudha Sharma, member of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), New Delhi. The function was attended by Jaspal Singh, chief commissioner of income tax, Chandigarh, Z S Klar, chief commissioner of income tax, Haryana region Panchkula, and other senior officers of the department.
Car hits youth on bike, speeds away
Panchkula: Two youth on a scooter sustained injuries after a car hit them at the junction between Sector 9 and 5 on Monday. The car driver, however, sped away from the spot. The two, Arun Kumar Sharma and Jitendar Kumar, are carpenters and have injuries on their arms. Arun Kumar said a lawyer, in another car, has noted down the number of the offending vehicle.
Over 2,000 students take part in UIET quiz
Chandigarh: Over 2,000 students from Tricity schools participated in the first round of EduRev - an online quiz - being organised by the University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET). The quiz is an attempt to determine the natural talents of students. In the first round on Monday, a student of Mount Carmel school ended up with top honours.
Gardener held for molestation, gets bail
Chandigarh: The wife of a judge in Saharanpur has accused a gardener at Sukhna Lake of outraging the modesty of her eight-year-old daughter. The accused Bala Guru, was arrested by police, but was later bailed out. The incident allegedly took place on Monday, when the gardener allegedly passed an obscene comment to the young girl, who complained to her mother. Police said Guru is a resident of Bapu Dham Colony.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet