I-T officer caught red-handed taking bribe
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday arrested an Income Tax Officer (ITO), Rakesh Jain, for taking an illegal gratification of Rs 50,000 from a businessman based in Sector 20. The trap was laid on the complaint of Ashok Arora at the ITO's residence in Sector 22.
Ashok Arora, a resident of Sector 20, who has a real estate firm in Sector 22, was served a notice by the Income Tax Department. On approaching the Income Tax Office, Arora met Jain, who offered to sort out the matter for him for a sum of Rs 3.5 lakhs.
The deal was finalised for Rs 2.5 lakh. Arora then approached the CBI and a trap was laid. On Tuesday evening, Arora went to Jain's residence to pay the first instalment of Rs 50,000 and Jain was caught red-handed by the CBI.
CBI has also recovered a conversation between the two which was recorded by the complainant on his mobile phone.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet