It’s govt’s failure: BJP
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
Holding the state government responsible for clashes during idol immersion in Faizabad, the BJP alleged that these incidents were the result of administrative failure. "A high-level inquiry should be conducted to probe these incidents," BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said.
Congress demands action
State Congress chief Nirmal Khatri demanded immediate deployment of CRPF and arrest of the culprits. "Despite assurances from Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and senior officials, the situation in Faizabad is still not normal," he said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet