Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Dabangg 2 competing for worst films of 2012 at Golden Kela Awards
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Gangs of Wasseypur, Vicky Donor, Kahaani and Paan Singh Tomar will be given a special trophy for being 'the saving graces of Bollywood in 2012' at the annual Golden Kela awards which recognises the best of the worst in Hindi cinema.
"It gives us immense pleasure as we will be giving Anti Kela trophies to these four films for their exemplary script, teamwork and performances and for having us believe that good cinema can and will not just earn the brownie points of critics but can also do great at the box office," said Jatin Varma, Founder, Golden Kela Awards.
The annual awards, modelled on Razzies, have some of the biggest names from Bollywood in their worst categories.
Superstars Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan's much hyped films Jab Tak Hai Jaan and Dabangg 2 are competing for the worst film trophy at the awards along with Housefull 2, Son Of Sardar, Khiladi 786 and Joker.
In the worst actor (male) category, Akshay Kumar comes on top with his four releases-- Housefull 2, Rowdy Rathore, Joker and Khiladi 786, Ajay Devgn is part of the list for his two films Son Of Sardar and Bol Bachchan, Imran Khan for Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu, Sanjay Dutt for his villainous turn in Agneepath and Siddharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan for their debut Student Of The Year.
The heroines of Bollywood have not done so bad. Anushka Sharma, Sonakshi Sinha (for everything she did) and Deepika Padukone (Cocktail) are competing for Worst Actor (female) Golden Kela Award 2012.
They have some tough competition from newcomers like Farah Khan (Shirin Farhad Ki Nikal Padi), Alia Bhatt (Student Of The Year), and Diana Penty (Cocktail).
The 5th Annual Golden Kela Awards ceremony will be held here on March 30.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held