Jackky Bhagnani to do an action-comedy
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Actor Jackky Bhagnani has been signed for an action-comedy to be produced by his father Vashu Bhagnani.
"We have signed Jackky for an action-comedy film which yet to be titled. It is not a remake film. The idea is completely original," the producer told PTI.
"He will be seen in a different way. We feel he was perfect for this role," he said.
It will be the fifth time that Jackky would be teaming up with his father for a film. He was launched by his father in 2009 with 'Kal Kissne Dekha' which did not do well at the box office. It was Remo D'Souza's directorial venture F.A.L.T.U that proved lucky for him. Then came Sanjay Gadhvi's Ajab Gazabb Love.
The makers are still in the process of scripting the film and did not wish to reveal anything more about it.
"We are still in the scripting. It is too early to talk about other things," Bhagnani said.
When asked about the lead actress, he said, "We will see how the script shapes up. If we need an established actress we will go for it or else we will have new heroine."
The shooting for the film will begin after few months and it is likely to hit cinema houses later this year.
Jackky will be seen next in Rangrezz which is directed
by Priyadarshan opposite south actress Priya Anand. The film will be released on March 21 and is a remake of Tamil hit film Naadodigal.
Meanwhile the actor also launched the Gangnam style song at Dharavi here last evening and performed on it as part of the promotions.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held