Jadhav slams triple ton as Maharashtra score 738/5
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Kedar Jadhav knocked the stuffing out of Uttar Pradesh bowlers en route to his monumental 312-ball 327, which powered Maharashtra to a mammoth 738 for five in their Group B Ranji Trophy match here today.
At stumps, skipper Rohit Motwani was batting on 146 off 242 deliveries, and Nikhil Paradkar (1) was giving him company.
Resuming on overnight 102, the 27-year-old Jadhav smashed as many as 54 boundaries, 34 of them coming today, and two sixes during his 524-minute vigil at the crease.
The hosts had started the day on 339 for three at the Subrata Roy Sahara Stadium.
During his knock, he shared 314 runs for the fifth wicket with Motwani, before adding 231 runs for the fourth wicket with Ankit Bawne (78 off 141 balls).
During his 322-minute stay in the middle, Motwani found the fence 21 times.
Such was the Maharashtra batsmen's onslaught that all the frontline Uttar Pradesh bowlers conceded more than 100 runs, with India leg-spinner Piyush Chawla conceding 233 in his 51 overs. He, though, picked up three wickets, including that of Jadhav.
Medium pacer Imtiaz Ahmed went for as many as 186 in his 40.
If yesterday was very difficult, today was even worse and there was not respite in sight for the visiting side who is coming off after winning its opening Ranji encounter against Delhi.
Jadhav, undoubtedly, was the one who was spearheading the Maharashtra batting and the others rallied around him to help the side maintain a healthy run rate of over four almost throughout the innings.
Maharashtra: 738 for five in 177 overs (Kedar Jadhav 327, Rohit Motwani 146 not out; Piyush Chawla 3/233).
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held