Jagdeep, Param Pun make it to last four
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets put Pune Warriors on top
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
- Afghan Prez to seek Indian military aid amid Pakistan row
Displaying some amazing prowess on the court unseeded CHART trainee Jagdeep Singh Bajwa rattled seventh seed Kabir Manrai 5-7, 6-1, 6-0 in the boys U-16 category in the ongoing AITA Talent Series tennis tournament being held at the CLTA courts in Chandigarh, to enter the last four stage. Meanwhile in other quarter-final matches, Calvin Golmei overpowered Atul Patel 6-2, 7-6 (1), Eklavya Singh prevailed over Adhhayan 6-2, 6-2 while Param Pun got the better off Digvijay Partap 6-3, 7-6 (10-8) respectively to enter the semi-finals.
Down by one set 5-7, Jagdeep made a good comeback in the second set by showing off excellent tennis. Jagdeep bagged the second set 6-1. In the deciding set, Jagdeep continued to perform well in all departments and eventually grabbed the set 6-0. Once Jagdeep got his rhythm back, he did not allow Kabir to settle down on the other side. He won the match 5-7, 6-1, 6-0 to book his berth in the semis. Param Pun also fought a tough battle against Digvijay Partap to win the match. After winning the first set by 6-3, Param Pun fought hard in the tie-breaker 7-6 (10-8) during the second set to win the set and the match.
In the girls U-16 semi-final matches, top seed Gayatri Kumarahia of CLTA will face Itika, while the third seed Prinkle Singh of CLTA will take on Sarah Dev. All of them had straight set wins in their quarter-final matches played on Wednesday.
Boys U-12 Singles Quarter-final Round: Yuvraj Singh Kooka bt. Shrut Mohan Nagreta 4-5 (4), 4-1, 9-7, Divesh Gehlot bt. Asav Kumar 5-3, 3-5, 5-1 Concd. Ishan Anirudh Sethi bt. Nishant Dabas (8th Seed) 5-3, 4-1, Chiraz Singh Dandona bt. Naman Sharma 5-4 (4), 4-2.
Boys U-16 Singles Quarter-final Round: Jagdeep Singh bt Kabir Manrai 5-7, 6-1, 6-0, Calvin Golmei bt. Atul Patel 6-2, 7-6 (1), Eklavya Singh bt. Adhhayan 6-2, 6-2, Param Pun bt. Digvijay Partap 6-3, 7-6 (8)
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet