Jaipur police to seek custody of Bitti Mohanty
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
A team of Rajasthan Police is expected to arrive here tomorrow to seek custody of rape case convict Bitti Mohanty, who was arrested after remaining absconding for seven years by jumping parole while serving a prison term in Rajasthan.
Jaipur Assistant Police Commissioner Biju George Joseph told a Malayalam television channel that a team of Rajasthan Police would reach Kannur tomorrow with jail and production warrants.Bitti was sentenced to seven years imprisonment in 2006 for raping a 26-year-old German woman at Alwar.
Son of former Odisha DGP B B Mohanty, Bitti had been working as a Probationary Officer in a public sector bank here for the last three years impersonating as 'Raghav Raja' from Andhra Pradesh.
He had been charged with cheating, foregery and impersonation by Kerala Police.Bitti landed in trouble after the employees of the bank branch at Pazhayangadi grew suspicious of the true identity of their colleague on seeing his photo among pictures of accused in various sex crimes shown by TV channels and those floated on the Internet in the wake of the Delhi gangrape incident.
Bitti was picked up from his local residence on Friday evening and during interrogation revealed his true identity after initially trying to mislead the police.The arrest proceedings were completed after police also corroborated their findings by interacting with their counterparts in Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh and Odisha.
After jumping parole in 2006, Bitti otained an MBA degree and managed to get into the bank as a probationary officer. He pretended to be an Andhraite and during his stay also learnt to speak Malayalam well, without giving a clue to local people or his colleagues that he is a convict
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow