Jaitley’s heart supports FDI, so does Naidu’s: Reddy
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Defending FDI in multi-brand retail, Congress MP T Subbarami Reddy said in the debate in the Rajya Sabha on Friday that the government had decided on the same after extensively studying the issue and taking into account all the pros and cons.
He also said that he found the whole talk about the US chain Wal-Mart amazing. "I do not understand how Wal-Mart alone can invest. Investment is open globally to all countries all over the world."
Attacking BJP and Left members for targeting the SP and BSP, the MP said it was unfair to criticise their respected leaders for supporting the government on FDI. "I would also like to say that if you open the heart of Shri Arun Jaitley, you will see that his heart supports FDI. If you open the heart of Shri Venkaiah Naidu, you will find that his heart knows that FDI is good for the nation and wants to support it."
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations