Jalandhar rape victim critical after uterus removal
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
The condition of 14-year-old Jalandhar gangrape victim, whose ruptured uterus was removed and intestines repaired, today continued to remain critical.
"Girl's uterus had ruptured that caused severe infection. A panel of surgeons, gynaecologists and anaesthetists decided to remove the uterus amid septicemia (infection)", Medical Superintendent of Guru Nanak Dev Hospital Tejbir Singh said.
The team of doctors also had to perform surgery on her intestines that had been damaged, he said.
The surgery was carried out last evening after the girl was brought here from Jalandhar following which she was shifted to the ICU unit, a hospital official said.
She would be observed closely for the next 72 hours since her condition remained critical even after the surgery, doctors attending on her said.
"The girl had suffered extensive blood loss and her haemoglobin count was mere 3 (against the normal range of 11.5-16). Sufficient blood units were infused to her but her condition would yet take time to respond medical treatment",
The incident occurred on January 28 when three persons from the same village abducted and raped her while she was out of her home to relieve herself, they said.
The girl was abducted and raped brutally by three persons from the same village at her native village in Mandhala Channa village in Jalandhar on January 28 while she was out of her home to relieve herself, according to police.
The girl's father had told police that he filed a complaint ten days after the incident as his daughter told him about the alleged rape only now
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held