Jammu and Kashmir Govt to organise International rafting C'ship from Feb 24
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Jammu and Kashmir will host an International Rafting Championship in Doda district from Februay 24 with participation from across the world.
"The Tourism department is going to organise international Rafting Championship at Pul Doda from Feb 24 with participation from across the world," Minister for Tourism Gulam Ahmed Mir said while addressing the valedictory function of Winter Carnival, organised by the State Tourism Department in collaboration with Patnitop Development Authority (PDA), at Patnitop, 108 kms from here yesterday.
Spelling out measures being taken for promotion of adventure tourism in the state, Mir said the evnt will be held for four days in river Chenab near Pull Doda.
He further said rafting teams from abroad have arrived in the state to participate in this event.
Mir said the Jammu and Kashmir state is blessed with abundant natural splendor which the government is tapping to the optimum by developing new destinations besides creating latest tourism infrastructure for domestic and foreign tourists.
"The adventure pilgrims and sports tourism are also the focus area of the government which have tremendous scope in the state", he added.
The Minister said Patnitop is one of the famous hill and health resort of the country and efforts are on to attract more and more tourists to this famous destination.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow