Jandiala Cong leaders join SAD in droves
In a major setback to the Congress in Majha, especially Amritsar, a large number of Congressmen, including sitting MCs and former MCs, joined SAD on Sunday. Ravinder Pal Singh Kuku — former president Jandiala Nagar Council and party general secretary — also quit the party to join the Akali Dal.
Welcoming Kuku and his team to SAD, cabinet minister Bikram Singh Majithia said: "Honest, loyal and dedicated people are always welcome in SAD."
Later, speaking to mediapersons, Majithia said: "The people have realised it is only sincerity and dedication of SAD that can steer Punjab towards peace and prosperity. So, one after the other, pro-Punjab and pro-people politicians are voluntarily joining SAD. Congress has nothing to offer to its workers and nothing at all to Punjab. The people have rejected it and its disillusioned workers are now leaving. In fact, today's switchover shows that the 'Quit Congress Movement' has began."
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow