'Jannat 2' in legal tussle
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
The upcoming Bhatt film 'Jannat 2' starring Emraan Hashmi and Esha Gupta has run into legal trouble, with a Mumbai based writer Kapil Chopra filing a case of plagiarism against the filmmakers. The complaint filed states that the Bhatts apparently stole his story to make their forthcoming film 'Jannat 2'.
The hearing of the case took place last evening where Kapil claimed that he had registered his story with the Film Writers Association in 2007. As he knew director, Kunal Deshmukh very well he had narrated the script to him and had also left a bound copy at Bhatts office.
However, when Kapil saw the promos of the film, he realized that it was his story, with characters, plot and the dialogues that were strikingly similar to his script. Post this realization Kapil met Kunal and Mukesh Bhatt but they denied his allegation. Since the denial, Kapil filed his case against the producers.
The law firm Krishnamurthy and Co is representing Kapil, and have demanded an injunction on the release of the film and have also demanded due credit for him.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow