Jasjeet stars in Northern Railways triumph again
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
Continuing his good form in the tournament, Jasjeet scored a brace to guide Northern Railways to a 4-2 win over Punjab police in a league match of the 42nd SN Vohra's All India Gurmit Memorial Hockey Tournament being organised by Rock Rovers Hockey club at Sector 42 Sports Complex.
The match started on an attacking note as the Northern Railways forwards made some fine moves into the opposition half. Their efforts soon paid dividends as Jasjeet Singh scored the opening goal in the 14th minute of the match. Down by one goal, Punjab Police defenders did not give the opposition many chances to score and the first half ended with Northern Railways leading 1-0. The second half saw the Punjab Police forwards stepping up the tempo and team soon got their equaliser in the 39th minute of the match when Harinder Singh successfully converted a penalty corner. Five minutes later, Jasjeet Singh scored his second goal of the match for Northern Railways to put his team ahead by 2-1. S Basen further extended the leeway for the Northern Railways team when he scored a goal in the 62nd minute of the match to make the score board read 3-1 in favour of Northern Railways. Five minutes later, Harmanbir Singh scored the second goal for Punjab police team to decrease the deficit. Sajjan Singh scored the fourth goal for the Northern Railways team in the 69th minute to set up the 4-2 win for the Railways team.
In the second match of the day, Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala scored a 2-1 win over Surjit Hockey Academy, Jalandhar. The first half saw both the teams attacking constantly but it was Surjit Hockey Academy which drew first blood when Harjeet Singh scored a field goal in the 31st minute of the match. The first half ended with Surjit Hockey Academy, Jalandhar leading by 1-0. The second half saw the Rail Coach Factory forwards gathering momentum and their attack proved fruitfull when Deepak Kumar scored the equaliser for the Kapurthala team in the 43rd minute of the match. The equaliser gave fresh energy to the Rail Coach Factory forwards and Sandeep Singh scored the second goal for the team in the 69th minute of the match to set up the 2-1 win.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held