Jayalalitha sanctions over Rs 25 crore for health sector
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Announcing a slew of measures in the health sector, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa today sanctioned over Rs 25 crore for various works including upgradation of the Government Dental College and Hospital here.
She granted Rs 10 crore for the upgradation of the institution in Chennai which would be used towards construction of new buildings and procuring new equipment, a state government release here said.
Further, the number of seats in higher studies in the college had been increased from 35 to 58 and she had approved creating 36 medical and non-medical staff vacancies, it said.
The Chief Minister announced Rs five crore for construction of new building for Government Siddha Medical College at Palayamkottai, Rs 6.55 crore for a water project for Tirunelveli Medical College and Hospital and Rs 1.90 crore for Government Stanley Medical College in Chennai for renovation of a silver jubilee auditorium.
She also allocated Rs 2.51 crore towards setting up counselling centre each in 31 districts of the state besides three of them in Chennai for the benefit of the younger sections of the population, the release added.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations