JDS worker for murder of actress wife Hemashri
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The husband of Kannada TV actress Hemashri has been arrested in connection with her mysterious death, police said today.
Surendra Babu, a JDS worker and a realtor, was arrested yesterday on the basis of a complaint filed by the father of the actress, who died under mysterious circumstances two days ago.
Babu was produced before the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Court which remanded him to ten days police custody, Deputy Commissioner of Police (North Division) H S Revanna said.
Hemashri, who had in the past complained of harassment by Babu whom she married last year, was proceeding to Hyderabad along with him in a car when she felt giddiness and started vomiting. She was rushed to a hospital but declared brought dead.
Revanna said that Hemashri's father suspected Babu to be the culprit behind her death.
However, only after getting the post-mortem report, appropriate action can be initiated, Revanna said, adding Babu had been taken into police custody for interrogation.
Hemashri, who used to act in Kannada serials and was married to Babu for 16 months, had previously filed a police complaint stating that her parents had married her "forcibly".
Subsequently, she had also complained to the then Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Alok Kumar that she was being harassed by her husband.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow