JLo settles lawsuit with former employee
Jennifer Lopez has settled a lawsuit filed by her driver, Hakob Manoukian, who claimed the singer, her company Nuyorican Productions and her manager Benny Medina stiffed him out of promised payments.
A notice of the settlement was filed by the 43-year-old singer in court on February 8, 2013, and the details of the deal have not been disclosed yet, reported E! Online.
The 'On the Floor' hitmaker was slapped with legal action from her former employee, last year amid allegations that he was forced to quit the job for the way he was treated by his ex-boss' manager Medina.
Driver also claimed he owed money for additional on-call services which both the parties had agreed over his USD 72,000 annual salary.
Lopez had filed a USD 20 million countersuit, accusing the driver of demanding USD 2.8 million from her for his silence, insisting he would go public with the singers' secrets known to him during the course of his job.
Her extortion argument was dismissed by Los Angeles Superior Court in December 2012.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow