Jessica Alba in most creative business people list
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
Co-founding a website which offers "non-toxic" baby products has landed actress Jessica Alba in the list of creative business moguls.
The list released by Fast Company ranks 'The 100 most creative people in Business' in 2012 and the 31-year-old actress bagged 17th position, reported Daily Star.
The website, which she co-founded with The Honest Company's Brian Lee, gives the parents-to-be and those with new born babies specially designed products from diapers to soaps and sanitizers which they can avail at a certain price.
She got this idea after she went through a book which listed all the hazardous chemicals babies are exposed to through the products which parents use for them in daily life.
"I read a book called Healthy Child Healthy World when I was seven-and-a-half months pregnant, and my eyes were opened to all of the toxic chemicals that are in everyday household and baby products.
"So I went to the author of that book, Christopher Gavigan, and I hounded him for a year. I said, 'I appreciate you've given me a handbook, but you haven't given me a solution. Let's make the solution," as told to Fast Company," she said.
'The 100 most creative people in Business' in 2012'
Director, Institute of Public and Environmental Affairs
Rebecca Van Dyck
Head of Consumer Marketing, Facebook
Chief Digital Officer, Starbucks
SVP, Digital Partnerships and Development, American Express
VP, Digital Sport, Nike
Cofounder, Andreessen Horowitz
Founder, National Kidney Registry
CEO, Ozon Holdings
Rosario Dawson & Maria Teresa Kumar
Founders, Voto Latino
Director, MGH's Center for Laryngeal Surgery and Voice Rehabilitation
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held