Jet Airways shares surge 20% on Etihad Airways stake sale report
Jet Airways shares surged as much as 19.7 percent on Wednesday after TV channel reported Etihad Airways is close to a deal to purchase a 24 percent stake in the Indian carrier, citing unidentified sources.
Abu Dhabi's Etihad has already paid a "token" amount of $70 million, and will likely pay $400 million in the first tranche of the deal, the channel reported.
Jet shares were up 17.8 percent as of 0749 GMT.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow