Jewel thief arrested
The Pimpri police on Wednesday arrested Gopal Baban Gedam (30) a resident of Mangalwar Peth from Sangli. He had allegedly robbed a jewellery shop in Sangli seven months ago. The police recovered four kg silver and 300 grams gold worth Rs 11 lakh from him. Cops had earlier arrested three accused Amol Ovhal, Parvez Shaikh and Vijay Koli in the same crime and seized 107 tola gold, 7 kg silver and Rs 2 lakh cash from them.
Police said on March 13 at 10.30 pm, the four looted the jewellery shop at gunpoint. Police constable Shakir Jenedi got information that the accused in the Sangli robbery was to arrive at the Vallabh Nagar bus depot. As per the information, senior police inspector of Pimpri police station, Mohan Vidhate and his team laid a trap to arrest Gedam and recovered the booty from him. Vidhate was produced before the magistrate on Wednesday afternoon and was remanded in police custody till November 30.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow