Jimmy Savile’s ex-chauffeur arrested over rape claim
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
A former chauffeur of shamed TV presenter Jimmy Savile has reportedly been arrested on suspicion of committing rape.
Teret, 71, was arrested in Altrincham following a police probe into allegations of historic sexual abuse.
According to the police, the accusations are not linked with the national inquiry into child sex abuse claims against Savile.
"I want to make it absolutely clear that this is not an investigation into the late Jimmy Savile, nor do any of the allegations relate to any involvement by Savile," Sky News quoted a police official, as saying.
"The arrest follows an investigation by the Serious Sexual Offences Unit into three separate allegations of historic sexual abuse which have been reported to Greater Manchester Police since 28 October 2012," the official added.
According to sources, the victims say the alleged offences took place around the time Teret was living with the disgraced television presenter.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held