Jind SPís gem: Women should celebrate New Year at home
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets put Pune Warriors on top
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
- Afghan Prez to seek Indian military aid amid Pakistan row
A day after BJP MLA from Rajasthan said that a ban on skirts as school uniform was a solution to crimes against women, in Haryana's Jind, SP Saurabh Singh on Sunday suggested that women should stay indoors and celebrate New Year at home.
Singh has given three suggestions to women planning to celebrate New Year.
His press statement said that women should stay indoors with their family and celebrate New Year at home. If they want to celebrate in a hotel, they must not interact with strangers. They must stay away from alcohol, and in case of any untoward incident promptly inform the police.
Singh also cautioned parents, saying that at times parents are not aware of where exactly their children are celebrating the New Year, and come to know of it only when their children have committed some crime and the police have caught them. "Before children get involved in any such act, parents should pay proper attention to them...," the statement added.
He also warned people against drink driving. Singh was unavailable to explain his instructions.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet