Jindal files FIR against Zee Business
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Naveen Jindal's company has filed an FIR against Zee Business channel for allegedly demanding Rs 50 crore for not doing a news story on coal scam.
Delhi Police's Crime Branch registered a case of extortion based on the complaint by the company, police sources said on Sunday.
Sudhir Chaudhary, the head of Zee Business, rubbished the allegations as "fabrication" and described it as "pressure tactics" to stop doing stories. "We have done a series of stories on coal scam based on official papers. This is a retaliation to our relentless campaign against corruption," Chaudhary said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet