JSW Steel Q2 net profit up 547%
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
JSW Steel has showed a robust performance by posting consolidated net profit of Rs 691.25 crore in the Q2 FY13 as compared to net loss of Rs 669.32 crore in the same period last year.
It also registered a net profit of Rs 741 crore in H1 FY13 as against net loss of Rs 184.16 crore in the same period last year.
For Q2 FY 13, the company's net sales increased by 16 per cent to Rs 9,475 crore as compared to FY12. Net sales in H1 FY13 increased by 24 per cent to Rs 19,377 crore as compared to H1 FY12, a company statement issued here said.
Operating EBITDA for Q2 FY13 was Rs 1,531 crore and for H1 FY13 at Rs
The company's consolidated net total debt gearing stood at 1.04 (as against 1.09, as on 30.06.2012), it said. Due to constraint in iron ore supplies, the company could operate at about 80 per cent capacity utilisation during Q2 FY13. The company reported production and sales volume of 2.17 million tonnes for Q2 FY13.
Net sales on stand alone basis for the quarter stood at Rs 8,834 crore showing a growth of 16 per cent over the corresponding quarter of previous year on higher volumes. The operating EBIDTA for the quarter is Rs 1,525 crore, up 18 per cent over the corresponding quarter of previous year.
Due to 6.4 per cent appreciation in the value of the rupee against US Dollar during Q2 FY 2012-13, the gain of Rs 422 crore on restatement of foreign currency monetary items at close of the quarter credited to profit & loss account, has been considered by the dompany as exceptional in nature. The company posted profit of Rs 822 crore up by 547 per cent over the corresponding quarter of previous year mainly on higher volumes and rupee appreciation impact, it said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held