Judiciary's greatness giving Ajmal Kasab sound legal assistance: BJP
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians continue to lose wickets
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Senior BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said because of "greatness" of Indian democracy and judiciary, 26/11 convict Ajmal Kasab was given the benefit of sound legal assistance in Mumbai High Court and in Supreme Court.
Despite the most heinous crime of attack on India, Kasab was given sound legal assistance in Mumbai High Court and in Supreme Court which shows the greatness of Indian democracy, rule of law and judiciary, Prasad said on the concluding day of Amity International Moot Competition held here.
"This brings us to the bottom of the entire issue - International laws can only be complied with when the country itself believes in the rule of law and civil society, failing which, it becomes difficult to enforce rule of law in the country. This is, indeed, the big dilemma, which needs to be addressed," he said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held