Juhu molestation: Police to record statements of school authorities
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Two days after a school bus driver was arrested for allegedly molesting a four-year-old student aboard the bus, Juhu police on Sunday said they would record the statements of school authorities to ascertain the sequence of events.
"We had asked for police custody of accused Ramesh Rajput to verify the details of the incident and things like the route of the bus and the number of children in the bus," said a police officer, adding, "We are also investigating if the accused was involved in similar incidents in the past."
Police, however, are still not clear about whether the woman attendant was present in the school bus when the girl was molested. They are yet to acquire the call data records of the attendant to find out if she was on the bus.
Police said no other parent has approached them yet but investigations are on about the conduct of Rajput.
Police are also looking out for eyewitnesses in the case. The incident happened on Tuesday, when Rajput allegedly touched the child inappropriately. The next day, the girl informed her parents, who iapproached the school authorities and Juhu police.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'