- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Chittagong was shot in a place called Lataguri in the northern district of West Bengal and Manoj Bajpayee recalls shooting in a jungle which was full of wild elephants. "The thought of wild animals was a constant fear that played at the back of our minds and all the actors including Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Jaideep Alawat and I were very alert. We did spot them a couple of times, but our director Bedarapata Pain and the security guards of the forest department made sure that we were at least two kilometers away from them and somehow managed to complete the shoot without any untoward incident," said Bajpayee.
The actor who had never visited these parts in Bengal before also learnt a lot about the people and the culture there. "The culture was alien to us and the issue of the Gurkha Land Uprising was making headlines there. There were many areas in that territory that we wanted to shoot in, but were blocked to us because of the uprising," recalls the actor.
Chittagong releases on October 12.
Juhi Chawla is very excited about playing Sanjay Dutt's love interest in Son Of Sardaar, and will be seen in a traditional Punjabi bridal attire in the film. "There's a marriage sequence between my character, Pammi and Sanjay Dutt in the beginning of the film but the wedding gets stalled when he is reminded of a vow he has taken. But Sanju still wants to marry me and it takes 20 years of romancing on my part with a 'when will you marry me' look on my face to finally hitch him. It's a very cute and amusing role," says Juhi adding that except for her Punjabi films, she has never worn such an attire in her Hindi films.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations