Junior Engineer gets one-year in jail for giving bribe
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Raj Singh, a Junior Engineer, was sentenced to one year of imprisonment for giving a bribe to the Controller of Finance and Accounts, Haryana Prathmik Shiksha Pariyojana on December 5. Raj Singh wanted to get a transfer to his native place.
On August 11, 2010, Raj Singh went to the office of Sumer Singh Bisnoni, Principal, Account standing Institute, Haryana who was also handling the additional charge of Controller of Finance and Accounts, Haryana Prathmik Shiksha Pariyojana. Raj Singh put forward an application for his transfer from Mewat to Gurgoan at 12 pm.
Since his application was not approved, Surinder Kumar, assistant advised him to get a recommendation from the Executive Engineer. Five minutes later, Raj Singh again walked into the office of Bisnoi and showed him the application with a recommendation from Executive Engineer, Sohan Singh.
Bisnoi kept the application in the procedure but Singh asked him his residential address. When asked why he needed the address, Singh said he wanted to send some Diwali gifts. Bisnoi refused to accept any but Singh kept asking him for the address. Failing to get the address, Singh opened the second drawer of Bisnoi's table and put in some money and closed it.
Bisnoi retaliated and called his peon, Om Prakash to check what he had kept. Finding out the money, he asked the peon to count it. The peon counted the money to be Rs 5, 000. At 3.40 pm the Sector 17 police station was informed and the accused was arrested. On January 29, 2011, Raj Singh was charge-sheeted.
When the court examined the witnesses, Sohan Singh, the Executive Engineer gave a statement that he had made an endorsement on his application and was marked to the Controller. Sohan Singh was accused of accepting some money for making the recommendation.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’