Junior Engineer gets one-year in jail for giving bribe
- Anti-corruption unit will now monitor access to players: BCCI
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors vs Delhi Daredevils
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
On August 11, 2010, Raj Singh went to the office of Sumer Singh Bisnoni, Principal, Account standing Institute, Haryana who was also handling the additional charge of Controller of Finance and Accounts, Haryana Prathmik Shiksha Pariyojana. Raj Singh put forward an application for his transfer from Mewat to Gurgoan at 12 pm.
Since his application was not approved, Surinder Kumar, assistant advised him to get a recommendation from the Executive Engineer. Five minutes later, Raj Singh again walked into the office of Bisnoi and showed him the application with a recommendation from Executive Engineer, Sohan Singh.
Bisnoi kept the application in the procedure but Singh asked him his residential address. When asked why he needed the address, Singh said he wanted to send some Diwali gifts. Bisnoi refused to accept any but Singh kept asking him for the address. Failing to get the address, Singh opened the second drawer of Bisnoi's table and put in some money and closed it.
Bisnoi retaliated and called his peon, Om Prakash to check what he had kept. Finding out the money, he asked the peon to count it. The peon counted the money to be Rs 5, 000. At 3.40 pm the Sector 17 police station was informed and the accused was arrested. On January 29, 2011, Raj Singh was charge-sheeted.
When the court examined the witnesses, Sohan Singh, the Executive Engineer gave a statement that he had made an endorsement on his application and was marked to the Controller. Sohan Singh was accused of accepting some money for making the recommendation.
However, he was cleared of the allegation later.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet